Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I know we all have them in our workplace. You know who I am talking about. Yes, I am talking about the crazy bathroom people. I am especially blessed to have two (that I have caught) in my office.

Now, I don't know about you, but I avoid at all costs using the bathrooms at work for a variety of reasons, germs, smells etc. On occasion though I find that I must relieve myself after having drank a 2 liter of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Recently , I walked in the bathroom and I found that all the stalls were taken. So I waited patiently for some one to exit a stall.....tick-tock, tick-tock......riiiiip (the sound of toilet paper being ripped from the roll) riiiiip.....riiiiiip, riiiip, riiiiip, riiiiip. I hear this sound coming numerous time from the handicap stall. I am thinking, I might have to hold it a bit longer if they need that much paper. I am preparing myself for the smell that is sure to follow all that ripping. Riiip, riiiip, riiiip, riiiip. No smell. Ok, I think maybe they just need to blow there nose. All of a sudden I see the toilet paper appearing in all the cracks in between the door and the wall, the next stall and the door, from the ceiling to the top of the stall etc. I am not joking! By the time I left the bathroom a couple of minutes later, there was not one place where you could see into that stall. All you could see was toilet paper. What kind of crazy people do we allow to work with us? I swear that she used a whole roll (industrial roll at that) to block herself in that stall. I really wanted to stay around and see who that was, but alas the boss was calling me back to my desk.

If that weren't strange enough, a couple of days later, I, again find that I must use the facilities at work. This time it was the end of the day. I walked in and saw that only one stall was occupied and took my proper position (you must always leave an empty stall between yourself and the other bathroom occupant, duh!). I am taking care of business when all of a sudden I hear what appears to be someone snoring. I think to myself, maybe I am hearing things. Then I hear it again, louder. I stand in the stall and kinda giggle to myself. OMG someone is sleeping in here. No way! Again the snore. This time even louder. I am really laughing to myself now. I assumed that as soon as I flush the toilet, she'll wake up. So I proceed to do so. After the noice dies down, I listen. There it is again. This woman is full on asleep in this bathroom stall! I stood there for a moment debating with myself. Do I knock on the stall door? THUD!!!! I look down and I see that this woman has fallen off of the toilet seat onto her knees, (pants up you pervs). This, of course wakes her up, so I fled the scene immediately!!!! I am sure she didn't want her identity know anymore than I wanted mine.

I know we all have this people in our office. Don't deny it , write about it.

Have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Me said...

Welcome to blogland. Good start to your blog! I remember you telling me about crazy toilet paper lady but I don't remember the snoring story. Good grief!!

Yes, I have the crazies too. You've already heard the stories so I won't bore you by repeating them.

A

5:27 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

That is just too damn funny...

Maybe she was building a cacoon of some sort... Sealing herself into the stall to spawn some alien...

And for sleeping in the stall, well... When I was in the army, I was know to do that a time or two... You had to grab some sleep anywhere you could...

But anyway, welcome to blogland! I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us crazies do!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Beastie Girl said...

Girl you know it! The fact that our office actually has to post notices asking the grown women to please respect the others by flushing the toilet completely, etc......Ridiculous! Personally I wish very much our stall doors went to the floor because there is some disgusting behavior taking place in there & I don't care to know about it all, especially when I can see the shoes of the offender, thus identifying them. And I know I've told you before, but now I'll tell the whole world: those of you talking on your cell phone in the public office restroom STALLS MUST STOP. How tacky can you be?? Whoever you're talking to does not want to hear me pee & I don't want your friends to hear me pee, either. Thank you!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home